Another project I enjoyed this nine weeks was the one on exoplanets. I mostly enjoyed this project because I was already interested in the topic, and had originally wanted to use it for my presentation, but Cisco did a good job, too. Our universe is one of many and space seems endless. We have not discovered anything compared to what lies out there and exoplanets are one of the many fascinations. The idea that there could be other planets outside our universe that are life-sustaining and similar to Earth is not only believable, but incredible! This means people like us could exist in other universes. as well as, aliens and creatures unlike us. It is going to take us quite awhile to investigate questions like these further because we do not yet have the technology that will allow venture that far into space. But I believe one day we will have answers and more. I only wish I could be there to witness it!
Finally, the third project I enjoyed of our final projects for the school year discussed the multiverse theory. This theory states that there are infinite/finite possible universes in relation to our own in space, and there are several theorized structures for their existence. One structure is similar to the family tree, which shows the multiple possibilities of existing universes based on different choices. Another represents the variety of possible universes using bubbles, in the bubble universe theory. Stephen Hawking was one of the many scientists who supported this theory, and similar to life, the existence of universes, according to this theory, is all based on choices with differing outcomes. That, I find fascinating.
No comments:
Post a Comment